Louis Sue was born in Bordeaux in 1875. He graduated from the Ecole des Beaux-Arts in 1901 and from 1903 onwards built buildings in Paris. Shortly before the First World War he met the painter and decorator André Mare, born in 1885, with whom he joined forces to found "La Compagnie des Arts français" in 1918. Sue and Mare surrounded themselves with designers and proposed furniture, lighting, ceramics, glassware, wallpaper and fabrics in reaction to Art Nouveau. For the 1925 International Exhibition of Decorative Arts, they designed two pavilions that were a great success. In 1928, due to André Mare's health problems, they sold the Compagnie des Arts français to Jacques Adnet. André Mare died in 1932. Louis Sue resumed his activities as an architect. He passed away in 1968.