Metal supporting structure made of two axial porticos supporting the ridge beam in three parts. Walls made of interchangeable wood panels (doubled with interior isolation), allowing to choose the placement of the windows and door. The corrugated metal roof and wood floors are not original (the original roof was in Asphalt-bitumen felt and the wood floor was redone identically). This model of pavilion was designed at the end of the war in a response to an order from the minister of Reconstruction, Raoul Dautry, to relocate the people left homeless because of the bombing; it has a surface of 54m2 and the assembling is executed in one day. Approximately 300 pavilions were built in the suburb of Nancy but nowadays only a few remain. The pavilions have played an extremely important role for many families left homeless by the war.
Dimensions: Length and width: 6X9 m; Height of roofing: 2.90 m.
Bibliography : Peter Sulzer, Jean Prouvé : Œuvres complète/ Complete Works, Volume 3 : 1944-1954, Basel, 2005, pp. 46-53.